Stoutenborough, Inc., founded in 1992, is led by J Todd Stoutenborough. A licensed architect in multiple states and accredited by the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards, Mr. Stoutenborough offers clients more than three decades of architectural experience. Todd graduated from California State Polytechnic University at San Luis Obispo, where he earned a Bachelor of Architecture degree. He is a member of the American Institute of Architects (AIA), the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC), the Urban Land Institute (ULI), and also is a LEED Accredited Professional.
Current Architectural Registrations in California, Hawaii & with NCARB
Previous registrations in Nevada, Oregon, Washington DC, Utah, Texas
Mr. Stoutenborough is a recipient of many local and national design awards. The most notable include:
- Jury Special Award – Puente Hills Entertainment Center, Puente Hills, CA
- Award of Merit (OCAIA) Food 4 Less Retail Store, Long Beach, CA
- Award of Merit (OCAIA) Riverside Plaza, Wilmington, DE
- Award of Honor Inland Empire Design Institute, Empire Center, Fontana, CA
- Honor Award, Best Urban Plan from Pacific Coast Builders, Media City Center, Burbank, CA
- First Honor Award, American Institute of Architects for the El Cajon Civic Center, El Cajon, CA
- International Council of Shopping Centers Innovative Design and Construction Award for the Crystal Court Mall at South Coast Plaza, Costa Mesa, CA
- The California Council American Institute of Architects (CCAIA) Firm Award with LPA, Inc.
- 2006 Gold Nugget Best Retail Project Award of Merit for Bridgeport Village, Tualatin, OR
- 2006 Gold Nugget Best Retail Project Grand Award for Bridgeport Village, Tualatin, OR
- 2006 ICSC Design and Development award of Merit for Bridgeport Village, Tualatin, OR
- 2009 Gold Nugget Best Retail Project Award of Merit for The District at Tustin Legacy, Tustin, CA
EXPERT WITNESS EXPERIENCE:
- Expert Witness for Haagen Company in lawsuit over Media City Center Mall in Burbank, California. Tenant dispute over lease exhibits. Lawsuit went to trial.
- Expert Witness for General Growth Companies to do an analysis of Ala Moana Center in Honolulu, Hawaii. Advise on transaction between former owner and General Growth over positioning of JC Penney’s facility in project. Case was settled out of court.
- Expert Witness in dispute between Loews Theatres and Sony Pictures/Theatres over rents due on a 4-level retail facility in downtown San Francisco – across from Moscone Center. Suit was settled before trial.
- Virgin Mega Store, Burbank, California roof collapse. Case was dismissed in mediation.
- Expert Witness for Bel Mare Project in Newport Beach, CA. Thrifty Payless, Inc. v. Mariners Mile Gateway, LLC et al. Review plans and advise on feasibility of plans being approved for permit and construction. Deposition taken and court appearance set for early 2013.